- 1. But how does controlling moisture and gases save money?
FiltaCool lowers associated costs across the entire spectrum of cold storage operation: Food, Energy and Equipment.
By naturally regulating humidity, food spoilage is reduced and shelf life is increased. Bacteria and corrosive gases (such as ethanol and ammonia based gases, which speed up the ripening process) are minimized, resulting in food that can be stored for longer periods of time while improving food quality for consumers. When excessive humidity is controlled, the temperature within a cold storage environment achieves a natural equilibrium. This makes the refrigeration unit more efficient and less energy-intensive, saving money on energy costs. And equipment that runs more efficiently means less maintenance and repair costs, saving money over the life of the instruments.
Controlling humidity is essential to prolonging the quality of perishable goods. And because FiltaCool filters easily and naturally regulate humidity, waste is reduced and savings are maximized along all facets of your cold storage operation.
- 2. How are the FiltaCool panels installed?
- The process is designed to minimize disruption and maximize efficiency. Your Filta technician will accurately ascertain the volume of your chilled space which will determine the number of filters required. Each FiltaCool filter is then secure-fitted to the ceiling of the unit. It takes minutes and allows for regular relocating, if required. Accurate temperature, humidity and energy monitoring is then performed on a regular basis to ensure that the optimum storage environment is maintained.
- 3. Do the FiltaCool Panels need to be monitored or serviced?
- Yes. Once the FiltaCool panels are installed in your cooler they are regularly monitored and serviced by your trained Filta technician. The cooler will be checked for Humidity and Temperature using state of the art handheld monitoring equipment, and the results recorded for reference. When required, our technicians will exchange the FiltaCool panels for fresh ones, and take the used panels away for recycling.
- 4. How do I know FiltaCool can deliver all of the benefits that it claims to?
- Contact us and schedule a free demonstration. There is no charge for the demonstration and once we perform the service for you at no cost, you may then decide whether this service will benefit your organization.
- 5. How much does Filta charge for the service?
- FiltaCool is designed to save clients money from day one. The return on investment is immediate in terms of energy savings, reduction in food wastage, fresher produce, and equipment/maintenance savings. Once we provide you with a free demonstration, we will then provide you with any necessary costs, should you decide to continue the service.
- 6. I have a question that wasn’t answered here. What do I do?
- Please call us toll-free at: 1-866-513-FILTA (4582) and ask. We look forward to hearing from you.